Alfred Hitchcock said that there is nothing more difficult than shooting with animals or children. Many parents would agree that their kids don’t make it easy for them to get the exercise they want either. But there is one solution: do it with them.
A) Yes, parents manage to keep themselves in shape and at the same time serve as an example to the youngon which the threat of obesity weighs (one in three school-aged children is already overweight).
The exercise not only does it burn calories, but it also helps you get away from worries, favors the harmonization of body and mindand if done as a family, it enhances good communication and joy.
Also, children learn better (to exercise and generally to interact, solve or create) when all your senses are stimulated at oncewhat’s happening when doing physical activity.
The type of exercise that is appropriate depends on the age of the child. It is not recommended to take a baby under 6 months as an exercise partner as their neck is not strong enough to support their head.
But from this age the baby yes, it can move playfully in the water and even learn to coordinate your hands and feet better through certain exercises.
Can you play sports with children?
In any case, the little exercise together should entertain the child. It cannot be an obligation because then the effects can be more negative than positive.
Instead of suggesting you “do some exercise” it is convenient to tell him that “we are going to play” or “we are going to meet other children.”
On the other hand, children, especially the youngest, it is neither comfortable nor meaningful for them to reach their limits. Therefore, when they do not want to continue, their decision should be respected without pressuring them, no matter how much the adult is interested in coming forward.
When exercising with children its physiological characteristics, maturation and growth characteristics should be taken into accountwhich determine the type of training that can be carried out:
- Children have a increased heart rate than adults.
- Must pay attention to your subjective feeling of fatiguefor they seldom lie in this respect.
- you must lend special attention to overweight children.
- it is better to err on the side of moderation to overdo the intensity of the exercise.
- You should never train a child on a plan designed for an adultalthough it aims to adapt it.
- Must prioritize aerobic endurance training (moderate, sustained exercise that gets the respiratory system and heart working) versus anaerobic exercise (which requires very short but intense muscle effort).
How to play sports with children
- Family yoga. Many yoga schools offer classes for children and parents. Teachers often encourage children to role-play animals or plants; So class becomes fun for them. In the case of choosing a yoga course, it is important that parents practice at home learned poses that are valid for adult beginners.
- Tennis. It is indicated for those who do not feel comfortable playing team sports. You can organize a rally with the children without taking it too seriously, let them hit some balls or let them practice against a gable wall. The tennis promotes coordination, the ability to react and speed. In addition, the child learns to know the answers to the ball, which can serve as a basis for other sports.
- Swimming. It’s water suitable for very active children, because in it they can release the steam calmly and without harming themselves. Swimming is among basic preventive sport: strengthens the muscles in general and especially on the back, chest and abdomen. It is very important that children start by learning the correct techniques for each style, because then vices are difficult to correct and can cause physical discomfort.
- Cycling. Getting outside and walking to the beat of the pedal is very appealing to everyone. The advantage of the bicycle is that it does not stick to the field and is practiced sitting. Must make sure that the size of the bike is most adapted to the age and height of the child.
- Football. The advantage of the “royal sport” is that the interests of most children are secured. Also, sometimes works with amazing transformations: some individualistic kids make excellent teammates or the quiet ones bring out their genius. Physically, football promotes mobility, reaction and strength. Scoring, dodging and running with the ball game are always fun games.
- Roller skating. Although not a media success, this activity fascinates children. The skates It strengthens most of the major muscle groups and also promotes coordination. It is so for everyone, but especially for the little ones it is very important to use protections: knee pads, wrist pads, helmet and elbow pads.
The best thing is not to pick one suggestion and reject the others, a try several to enjoy the benefits of each and improving movement coordination.
On the other hand, the goal should be fun and building a healthy habit more than performing the activity with technical perfection or seeking maximum intensity in effort.
How to exercise with a baby
- Trolley Jogging. In Central and Northern Europe, it is becoming increasingly common for young mums and dads to run around pushing a pram. This is a great experience for the child as long as he is more than 10 months old. All you need is a tricycle with good shock absorption. It is not recommended that the competition exceed 30 minutes so that the child is not bored.
- Activities in the water. They are very interesting for babies: they entertain them, stimulate them and favor their motor development. They also strengthen the muscles, especially the back. By the first year of life, babies have a natural breathing reflex.: If submerged, the airways are automatically blocked and prevent water from passing into the lungs. Therefore, the stage of 6 to 12 months is very suitable for babies to learn to swim (or lest they forget) without effort or fear. Meanwhile, parents exercise only by accompanying them.
Gymnastic exercises for two
- On the contrary. Lie on your back, bend your knees with the soles of the feet flat on the ground. The child sits on the hips, well held by the little hands, and the buttocks are lifted until only the shoulders are in contact with the ground. You stay in this position for a few seconds, breathing calmly and slowly return to the starting position, but without the buttocks touching the ground.
- ABS. Lying face up, with equally bent knees, the child sits on the hips, supporting it under the arms. slowly the trunk is lifted, the navel is drawn in and the lower back is pressed to the ground. Hold for a few seconds, breathe, and return to the starting position.