Home remedies to fight memory loss and improve concentration
Memory loss is one of the situations that worry millions of people around the world, because although sometimes it is usually temporary, care must be taken not to become a permanent situation, which is why specialists have given some recommendations
The reasons that give rise to this forgetfulness or memory loss are different, here’s why it is important to take into account if it happens in short periods, that is, temporarily or if, on the contrary, they worsen with time or spread through the seasons.
Experts warn that it is important to pay attention to these moments, because if it spreads, it can interfere with daily activities, so it is important to see a doctor in this situation.
Then, It should be clear whether the problem occurred suddenly or slowly, keep in mind that many factors can cause memory loss.
– Aging: During this period, it is not unusual to have some difficulty retaining information, but experts warn that under normal circumstances, drastic memory loss due to age is abnormal. It may be due to other diseases.
– Problems in some areas of the brain: Experts point out that many areas of the brain help create and retrieve memories, but a problem in any of them can cause memory loss.
– Brain injuries: These lesions can occur caused by or present after a brain tumor, cancer treatment such as radiation to the brain, a bone marrow transplant or chemotherapy, a concussion or head injury, insufficient oxygen to the brain when the heart or breathing stops for too long , serious brain infection or infection around the brain, major surgery or serious illness and even brain surgery.
Equally, transient global amnesia (sudden temporary loss of memory) of uncertain cause, transient ischemic attack (TIA) or stroke, hydrocephalus (a build-up of fluid in the brain), multiple sclerosis and dementia.
Similarly, experts have indicated that this situation can be related to the fact that you have gone through a major traumatic or stressful event, bipolar disorder, depression or another mental disorder, such as schizophrenia.
They even warned about it memory loss may be associated with dementia which affects thought, language, cognition, and behavior.
Common forms of dementia associated with memory loss are: Alzheimer’s disease, vascular dementia, dementia with Lewy bodies, frontotemporal dementia, progressive supranuclear palsy, normal pressure hydrocephalus, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, ECT (electroconvulsive therapy) , epilepsy that is not very well controlled, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s or multiple sclerosis and brain infections such as Lyme disease, syphilis or HIV/AIDS,
But this situation is not only related to diseases, but also to some personal behaviors such as consumption of alcohol or use of prescription drugs or prohibited substances, abuse of drugs such as barbiturates or hypnotics and low levels of important nutrients or vitamins such as vitamin B1 or B12.
How to improve memory and concentration
Among the experts’ recommendations for improving memory and concentration are:
– Take care of the food.
– Doing exercises
– Get enough sleep
– Limit the use of toxic substances such as alcohol or tobacco.
– Do hobbies or pastimes, such as sudoku puzzles, crosswords, word searches, reading a book or studying an interesting topic.
– Go outside which helps to get constant information.
– Visit family and friends.
– Take a walk before deep breathing, muscle relaxation or even meditation.
– You have a suitable and calm study or work environment.
Similarly, Experts advise consuming certain products that can help a person improve memory and concentration.
Caffeine: being a psychoactive substance, it helps reduce fatigue and helps focus attention on external stimuli. It also helps with other cognitive functions such as memory or responsiveness.
Ginkgo biloba: this is one of the most used plants for cognitive enhancement. The European Medicines Agency (EMA) considers that therapeutic use may delay mild age-related cognitive impairment.
Dark chocolate: It is one of the best foods for improving cognitive function and helps protect the brain from cognitive decline.