Cholesterol is one of the most important types of fat found in the body and is required by the body to produce hormones, vitamin D and substances that help digest food.
Cholesterol does not cause complications when its levels are maintained within specified limits. However, when this substance increases in the blood, it can cause health complications. According to the portal better health triglycerides can come down over time if a person is disciplined with healthy habits, such as a diet low in saturated fat, rich in fruits and vegetables, along with a good exercise routine.
As for patients with obesity or hypercholesterolemia of genetic origin, they may notice some resistance when it comes to lowering their levels for short periods of time. Therefore, they should follow the instructions of their attending physician and not despair.
According to the US National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, if cholesterol starts to cause health complications, it is usually due to unhealthy lifestyle habits, such as a diet high in fat or processed foods, combined with genes that are inherited from parents.
But how to lower cholesterol in just 30 days? According to better health This goal is achieved by following the tips outlined below:
- Choose the type of fat well: Skip fried foods and baked goods such as cakes, puff pastry, frozen pizzas and cookies. Instead, replace them with the healthy fats offered by avocados, olive oil, nuts and salmon.
- walk daily: Specialists indicate that it should be done for at least half an hour. Doing this activity helps oxygenate the blood, gets the heart pumping, gives the brain an extra dose of endorphins and lowers cholesterol levels.
- Take a glass of lemon juice daily: This citrus fruit is rich in vitamin C and flavonoids, a type of compound that has a bitter taste and provides great health benefits. If a glass of lemon juice is consumed daily, it acts as an ideal complementary therapy to reduce the level of total cholesterol.
- Increase your fiber intake: Foods such as seeds, oats, lentils, apples, prunes, papaya and fruits in general are rich in soluble fiber, very good for the body to absorb cholesterol.
- Consume more spices: Instead of salt It is recommended to add garlic powder, ginger, black pepper, parsley, oregano or turmeric to dishes. In addition to controlling cholesterol levels, it helps reduce fluid retention.
- Eat more fish: This food is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, ideal for reducing cholesterol in 30 days and taking care of your health in general. The most recommended are: salmon and tuna.
- Relax: According to various studies, emotional stress causes metabolic changes that affect cardiovascular health, and cholesterol is one of the most well-known consequences. It is recommended to manage sources of stress by practicing sports that help you relax; you can also undergo massage therapy; enjoy a good movie; he reads his favorite book and may also practice yoga.
- Avoid smoking: Recent studies show that Smokers have higher levels of cholesterol, triglycerides and LDL than non-smokers. Thus, quitting smoking can help lower cholesterol levels in 30 days or faster.
- Reduce your alcohol consumption: The intake of intoxicating drinks supplies a large number of empty calories to the body, favoring overweight. Additionally, research published in Journal of Hepatology states that alcohol increases hepatic synthesis of cholesterol. In this sense, limiting your daily alcohol consumption can help you lower your cholesterol in 30 days. The recommended amount of ethyl alcohol for men is two drinks a day, while women should only have one drink a day.