According to the Cancer Institute, the colon is the “longest part of the intestine” whose function is to “extract water and some nutrients and electrolytes from partially digested food,” so that stool, which is the “remainder of digestion,” passes through the colon gut.
the cancer of colon is one of the most common, as according to the World Health Organization, WHO, almost 10 million people died in 2020. because of him.
According to the United States Library of Medicine, MedlinePlus, irritable bowel syndrome “affects the colon.” The main symptoms that appear are constipation and diarrhea. Likewise, the entity shows that women are more likely to suffer from it than men.
The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases defines it as a “functional gastrointestinal disorder,” which has three types:
- Irritable bowel syndrome with constipation: In this condition, most stools are “hard or lumpy,” while others are more liquid.
- Irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea: Unlike the previous one, most stools are more liquid than lumpy.
- Mixed Irritable Bowel Syndrome: has a proportional combination of liquid and lumpy stools.
Foods that can be consumed
The health portal Tua Saúde explains that people with this condition should include in their diet easily digestible foods that do not cause irritation, such as fatty and spicy foods.
However, the list of products that can or cannot be consumed cannot be generalized, as all organisms do not tolerate or digest them in the same way, so consulting a nutritionist may be the best treatment option of the syndrome.
But some people have abdominal pain, among other symptoms, that can be relieved after eating the following foods:
- Drinks: consume those that are vegetables, such as almonds or coconut, along with skim milk and lactose-free foods.
- Infusions: These teas can also help relieve pain, like chamomile. It is recommended not to add sugar.
- Fruits: papaya, strawberries, grapes and lemon can be included in the diet, along with nuts such as cashews, peanuts and walnuts.
The herb that cleanses the colon
A study published by the National Library of Medicine titled “A Review of the Bioactivity and Possible Health Benefits of Peppermint Tea (Mentha piperita L.)” noted that Peppermint consists of flavonoids and rosmarinic acid, so it has antiviral, antimicrobial and antioxidant effectswhich help eliminate free radicals that damage cells in the body.
For this reason, the Salud180 portal guarantees that mint is an herb that can counteract constipation, which is understood as difficulty evacuating because the stools are lumpy and dry, drink a cup of mint tea after every meal.
Mint is an aromatic plant that has various uses both in the kitchen and in medicine, as it helps to counteract various diseases, such as:
- The headache: According to the World Health Organization (WHO), headache – headache – “is one of the most common disorders of the nervous system” that can impair a person’s quality of life, interrupting his activity due to the symptoms it causes.
Among the most common types is migraine, which is more common in women than in men, but they are not excluded from suffering from it.
Migraines are caused by the release of “inflammatory and pain-causing substances around the nerves and blood vessels of the head.” Among the most common symptoms of this type of headache is nausea.