One of the goals of almost everyone is to find happiness, which is why many of us spend half our lives searching for it.
It is very common to hear statements like: “The day I get X, I will be happy.” “In this way, we condition our happiness and constantly put it in the future until it becomes unattainable,” he explains. Ixi Avila, Emotional Intelligence Coach and Actor Coaching Specialist.
But did you know that there are certain natural chemicals in the body that produce happiness? Yes, yes, as you read, they are known as “the happy quartet”. It is composed of Dopamine, Endorphin, Oxytocin and Serotonin. And most importantly, it is in our hands to manage them.
Oxytocin, known as the love hormone, helps reduce levels of cortisol, the stress hormone, and therefore reduces anxiety
For this reason, Ixi Ávila has a clear goal, and it is not to control our emotions, but learn to train them and most importantly, learn to manage them when they appear. “The idea is to move from a life of stress to a life of contentment,” explains the coach.
These chemicals are produced by our bodies themselves and are better than any drug, so a good way to make sure you enjoy happy states every day is to learn how to release them:
– Dopamine. It is a neurotransmitter that helps control the reward and pleasure centers in the brain. When activated, it boosts our energy and motivation.
– Endorphins. They are neurotransmitters that act as natural pain relievers, creating a sense of well-being. When we release endorphins, we feel happiness, euphoria and determination.
– Serotonin. This is a neurotransmitter that is released when we feel socially recognized. Also when we meet basic needs like nutrition. When serotonin levels are high, we feel safe and calm.
– Oxytocin. It is a neurotransmitter known as the love hormone. It helps to reduce the levels of cortisol, the stress hormone, and therefore to reduce anxiety. When we have a good level of oxytocin, we are better equipped to manage the environment.
If we cry from sadness, endorphins will be our best allies to calm us down, and if we cry from joy, endorphins will skyrocket
Each of them can be activated in a different way:
Dopamine is easy to get, you just have to sleep, listening to music, exercise, eating foods like bananas or nuts and one of the most comforting, completing a task you set for yourself.
When it comes to endorphins, we have a clear formula Be happy! When laughing, exercising, having orgasms, eating spicy food or even when we cryWe release endorphins.
Have you ever heard the phrase tears heal? If we cry from sadness, endorphins will be our best allies to calm us down, and if we cry from joy, endorphins will increase. Is there a better feeling than crying from joy?
Serotonin is a bit more complicated as it is activated when we feel recognized, but you don’t have to look for recognition outside of your environment, the people who love you the most will have the ability to raise your serotonin level and make you to feel more secure. .
Exposure to sunlight is another good option. Take a few minutes a day to recharge your batteries with a little sunshine, as it is a pure vitamin.
And finally, the love hormone, oxytocin. Well increases with physical contact, when they give us a nice compliment or comment. But you can activate it yourself, how? helping others or even surprising a loved one with an unexpected gift.
“Many people live in a constant state of stress and anxiety, but feeling these emotions in time is natural and there are many tools to help us know how to deal with them.”
And what about emotions? The truth is that they can be trained, hence it follows coachingpractical process of self-awareness, personal development and emotional learning which starts from the basis that knowledge is already within himself.
“Right now, many people live in a constant state of stress and anxiety, suffering all the time, but feeling these emotions in time is natural, and there are many tools that help us know how to deal with them,” Avila points out.
The program it offers seeks to move from stress to satisfaction. It is course based emotional intelligence to find satisfaction in every little action.
The course consists of eight sessions working on the four pillars of emotional intelligence, always adapted to the personal goals of each client:
– Self-knowledge: It is important to know your boundaries, your dreams, your way of managing your emotions, your strengths, your fears, etc.
– Self-management: Knowing how to manage your thoughts and limiting beliefs, time management and emotion management.
– Social awareness: Know the different environments of your life. Why do you feel good with some people and not with others? What about you, what about the other?
– Social skills: Learn communication techniques to improve personal relationships, tools to increase empathy and connection with others.
Happiness is definitely within reach, we don’t have to look for it, so there is no excuse to be happy every day.
Let’s make the most of this “quartet of happiness” and be happy!
Because you are the most important… Estetic.es