Inflammation of the veins in the anus and rectum is known as hemorrhoids or also hemorrhoids. One of the causes most commonly associated with this condition is overexertion during evacuation.
Notwithstanding the above, the causes that cause them are variableTherefore, according to the Mayo Clinic organization, their origin in each patient is often unknown. In addition, according to the Mexican Social Security Institute, it can also be represented by:
- Remaining in a sitting position for an extended period of time without being able to evacuate or due to some other distraction.
- Certain diseases, such as cirrhosis of the liver.
Hemorrhoids can occur inside or outside the anus and rectum, and depending on where they develop they are known as internal or external hemorrhoids. In both cases, they tend to disappear within weeks, but they can still cause discomfort to those who suffer from them.
This condition causes some common symptoms, including pain in the affected area, itching, and rectal bleeding. They can be minimized with good hydration and following a diet rich in fiber, vegetables and grains that facilitate intestinal transit.
To start treatment, you must go to a specialist doctor, who usually prescribes the use of creams to reduce the damage. In addition, it is possible to prevent the occurrence of this condition by maintaining healthy lifestyle habits.
Actually the magazine AHOWTOpublished through the portal Sports worldlisted series of tips that, following them, it is possible to avoid the development of hemorrhoids or if you already have it, reduce your symptoms:
1. Control constipation: Since it is one of the factors that most influence the appearance of hemorrhoids, it is important to keep this condition under control. This way, there will not be excessive pressure on the blood vessels in the area and irritation will be avoided.
2. Do not do heavy physical exertion: those who already suffer from hemorrhoids should not do activities that require a lot of strength. For example, lifting heavy objects or riding a horse can worsen the symptoms of the pathology.
3. Consider genetics: Although it is not very common, it is possible that the appearance of hemorrhoids is due to some family burden. Therefore, people who have direct family with this problem should be the ones who take care of themselves the most.
4. Avoid a sedentary lifestyle: lack of exercise and prolonged sitting contribute to both hemorrhoids and obesity. It is recommended to practice regular physical activity and avoid spending hours in the same position.
5. Get rid of excess weight: This condition is considered a public health problem worldwide and its connection to hemorrhoids is that it increases the pressure on the pelvic floor. To prevent them, you need to take care of your diet and do daily exercises.
In addition to the tips above, there are some natural remedies that, under medical supervision, can help minimize hemorrhoids and their unpleasant symptoms. Even the specialized portal, Tua SaudeI have listed some teas that can help achieve this goal:
- chamomile tea: It is one of the most used herbs in the world due to its antiquity and medicinal properties. It has anti-inflammatory and sedative properties that help with sleep and relieve some discomforts such as hemorrhoids.
- rosemary tea: It is used as a tonic, traditionally used to strengthen the heart, reduce varicose veins and prevent blockage of blood vessels.
- Witch Hazel Tea: This medicinal plant is beneficial in reducing the itching and pain caused by this discomfort. That’s because It is a plant with healing, anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties.. You may be given witch hazel water or tonic to apply to the affected area.